OK, we’re just about done with confinement…so what’s next? How about getting back into shape? I’ll bet that many of you have thought about it during your confinement period, and now that it’s over, it’s time to do something about it. Here are some tips that you’ll definitely find useful for your new mission!
Start at the beginning…when you’re pregnant
During your pregnancy, it’s perfectly normal to experience weight gain. But, this doesn’t mean that you should just let it go uncontrolled. Snack moderately when the cravings strike, but start doing little exercises like walking around your residential area or park, once or twice a day. This will help improve your blood circulation – which is beneficial for baby and you.
Delivery helps shave some of it off
After delivery, you’ll notice that you might have lost anywhere between 5-6kg. Not only that, breastfeeding will also help you burn up to 800 calories a day. Once you’re physically stronger, you can start considering a bit of weight training. But, not with conventional weights! You can actually do some minor weight training exercises with your baby, like lifting, lunges and reverse push-up where you lie down on your back and keep pushing your baby up and down! Get creative for a great workout…but always keep your baby’s safety in mind.
Lose weight naturally
There are many natural food items that can help you shave off the kilos. Experiment and try out a few options to find a combination that works for you.
• Try reducing fat by drinking some apple cider vinegar in hot water two or three times a day.
• Another option would be consuming lime and honey in water a couple times a day.
• Green tea also has excellent properties that help weight loss. Drink it often during the day.
• For a diet low in calories and high in fibre, try a cabbage dish once a day.
• Taken twice a day, acai berry juice can be quite an effective natural weight loss solution.
• Got the munchies? Sink your teeth into negative calorie foods like celery, tomatoes, and cucumbers.